Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Week 44

It is hot here in Arizona!!!!!

June 8
Today Pday was a lot of fun we played basketball with the missionaries and a couple of members. Then a lot of members came and we played volleyball which was a blast! Our lessons with the Arboleda's and the David's canceled so we made visits all night.

June 9
Today was good I was on exchanges with Elder Timm in their area. We made visits all day. We had dinner with the Reep's and our lesson with Beth and Jaimie cancelled. Pretty good day though.

June 10
Today we made visits all afternoon. We took a nice break at the park in between visits. We had dinner with the Marble's who are awesome!!!  Probably one of my favorite families! We had a really good Coordination Meeting tonight! The ward is really starting to get behind the Ward Mission plan! Our lesson with the Olivarez family canceled so we made a couple visits to end the night. Today in the mail came my Zagg keyboard case for my iPad Mini!!!

June 11
Today we had weekly planning which was probably one of the best weekly planning sessions I've had on my mission! We had dinner at our apartment. We had splits where I went with Brother LaMunyon to make some visits. We visited our investigator Sean Frazier and kind of had a lesson even though it wasn't super formal. We set up a lesson for next Thursday! Brother Marble took us to our appointment with David but his wife answered and said that he was sleeping so we weren't able to teach him. Pretty good day though.

June 12
Today we went on exchanges where I went with Elder Safford to their area! It was a lot of fun and I respect Elder Safford a lot! We had to run some unexpected Zone Leader errands then we had District Meeting which was pretty good. We had a lesson with a girl named Tyre which went well. Then we had dinner with the YSA Elders Quorum president, Julio, who is awesome and hilarious! We made visits the rest of the night. It was a really fun day today!

June 13
Today was a really long day. We didn't have any lessons. We made visits all day. We didn't have a dinner which made the day have a lot of biking.

June 14
Church was pretty good today. Richard Keefer gave his homecoming talk which was good. We were asked last night to teach Gospel Principles but the only person that showed up was the Relief Society President, so we went to Gospel Doctrine! We had dinner at our apartment again and afterwards made some visits, but realized my back tire was messed up so we took it to the LaMunyons and he looked at it and I'll probably get a new tire. We headed home after that.

June 15
Today we walked to Walmart and the bike shop to see if I could buy a new wheel. As we got back to the apartment to take my bike to the bike shop we go the transfer news which included me getting transferred so with the chance of being in a car area we put off getting the new wheel. We had our lesson with the Rivas and David Valenzuela both cancel. Got home and got everything packed for the upcoming transfer.

June 16
I just received a call from President Griffin and he has called me to be a District Leader in my new area.  I will be in Prescott Valley and the Glassford Hills Ward.  I have heard from other Missionaries that this is an awesome ward and area.  I am really looking forward to the transfer and the new responsibilities.  My new companion will be headed home in 6 weeks (next transfer) so I will have someone else coming in then.
 
I am excited that Ethan got his mission call.  He is going to be a great Missionary! 
 
Hope you all have a great week.
 
Love,
Elder Ashby

My last Zone....we called it the TestostroZone....no Sisters in our Zone.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment