Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Week 20

Hello everyone,

Well it has been a fun week...It was great to talk to my family and Mattie on Thursday for Christmas!  It was neat to see Annie, Grandma and Grandpa on a double FaceTime as well, even though I didn't get to talk to them much.  The 40 minutes went way to fast, but I am glad I had the opportunity.

This week was transfer week and I am happy to say that I am staying in Williams.  Elder Parkinson is being transferred to another area and he has been called to be a Zone Leader.  I also received a call from President Griffin.  He has called me to be a TRAINER!!!  I will get a brand new missionary on Wednesday.  I don't know who he is or anything about him so I will email all of those details later.  President Griffin is trying to infuse some younger leadership into the mission right now.  This transfer on Wednesday there are many of our leaders heading home.  2 Assistant to the President, 8 Zone Leaders and a couple of District Leaders.  I am excited for this opportunity to have an influence on a new missionary.  So I will be in Williams for another 3 months!

Brittany is still working on the Word of Wisdom and we have pushed her date back to January 17.  We have another appointment with Califia on the 7th.  Her daughter didn't join us last time for the lesson.  I think that Califia will progress over time...

Excited for the newest chapter in my missionary service with training a new missionary...I will update all of you on Monday!  Also, we are supposed to get some pretty good snow on Wednesday...I thought I was getting out of the snow!!!! :-)

Love you all,
Elder Ashby

Update from Ward Member Sister Flannery:  You should be so proud of Elder Ute (that is what they call him) he has grown so much since being here!!  Watching him evolve and grow has been awesome.

Update after they found out about transfers:  We are elated!  I can't believe that he is already a trainer when he is so new himself.  That just shows the kind of person that he is.  Of course we are sad that Elder Protein (Parkinson) is leaving, but we are so happy that Elder Ute is staying!!!  We are just so proud of him and so looking forward to the next few months with him as the leader!

Photo's from Sis. Flannery...






No comments:

Post a Comment