Monday, March 30, 2015

Week 33

Hello Everyone!

Tuesday March 24

Today we got the transfer news that I'm leaving. A lot of mixed emotions. P-day was good besides packing and cleaning the apartment. After P-day we started saying goodbye to people. We said goodbye to Bob, the Pearson's, Anderson's, Wrights and my favorite the Grantham's. Also said goodbye to a lot of people we couldn't visit and it was really nice to read some of their responses. Serving in Williams has been great but it's time to move forward! Nervous and excited for tomorrow's transfer!

Wednesday March 25

Today we headed down to transfers and I ended up getting transferred to Peoria North in the Sahuaro Ranch Ward with my MTC Companion Elder Davis, haha! I'm hoping that we can make this area turn around! I had some bike issues with Graziano's bike, like the shifters and the back brake rubbing against the back tires. Hopefully I can get the problems fixed pretty soon. I hope I adjust to the heat well haha!

Thursday March 26

Today we taught Brother Koutz and then did some weekly planning. We went shopping for my food. Our dinner appointment cancelled but the other Elders also did and they happened to get a P-day car for our apartment today so we went to Little Ceasers! Afterwards we tried to find a potential investigator with no luck and then set up appointments with all our auxiliaries from the Ward.  Looking forward to district meeting tomorrow, I get to lead a discussion!

Friday March 27

Today we had district meeting which I gave a discussion and it went well! Afterwards we had dinner dropped off by Sister Rios! Then we visited the Stowell's and then our investigator Nick. On our way to a visit we saw a lady that was pushing a stroller and had a lot of groceries, so we stopped and helped her which was awesome even though it took us out of our zone, haha! On our way home a guy on a motorcycle yelled at us and pulled over to talk to us and he was a cool return missionary, Braxton Tomlinson, that has been home for 8 months. He was really cool. Pretty good day.  I'm enjoying being tired after a day of biking!

Saturday March 28

Today we did a couple of hours of service at a Lutheran Church where they have a project to pack food to send to starving kids. It was a ton of fun. It was a bunch of stations and I was weighing the bags to make sure there was enough food in them. Afterwards we had lunch. We had dinner with Brother Southworth, Fellman, and LaMunyon. Our lesson with David Valensuala didn't answer the door so we visited people our ward leadership wanted us to check on. Pretty good day!

Sunday March 29

Church was pretty good today. We had dinner with the Smith's. Just like in Williams we have Sunday dinner with the Smith's...different family, but still the Smith's! We visited the LuMunyons and Elder Davis' bike broke so they gave us a ride home. 

By the way our address is 8650 W. Peoria Ave. Peoria AZ 85345 apartment 2063.
 
I hope everyone has had a great week.  The biking is a new adventure for me and it is already 95 degrees...
 
Love you all,
Elder Ashby
 
The Grantham's
Bob Robinson
New Area in Peoria North

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment